- Do not enforce the rules on the chat. This is commonly referred to as "mini-modding". Staff members of the wiki are appointed for this reason.
- Linking to any dangerous websites will result in a two month ban minimum. We wish to keep user’s computers safe.
- Linking to jump-scares will result in an immediate a week ban minimum.
- Using false evidence or spreading malicious lies about another user will result in a kick or ban.
- If an admin or mod feels like a user is purposefully trying to disrupt the chat, troll or purposefully upset other users, they may issue a warning followed by a kick and eventually a ban.
- No swearing is not allowed in this wikia. You would have 1 chance to listen to this rule! If you say the h, f, d, c, s, and a words or in abbrieviations
wtfor wth, st*u, lm*o, or bs,etc. You will be blocked for 4 weeks. None of that foul language is NOT ALLOWED IN THE CHAT.
- Saying the N word would make you get banned for 10 months by being a racist.
- Censoring the entire word is safe. But, don't censor just a few letters. For example, if "flipdecks" was a swear word, don't censor it like "fl****ks".
- Here are clean words that users should say instead of swearing:
heck, darn, crap (it depends on how you mean it by using it), rats, screw, shoot, barnacles, goofball, pinhead, etc.
Tip: The best way to use these clean words is that if someone is bullying you in the chat or if someone vandalizes your profile on your account or anything else like that, they would get a block it depends on how worse they do to you. Those words you see above where it tells you clean words you should use are not swear words. This is just a tip that's all. =P
NSFW And Sexual Content
- NSFW (not safe for work, or things you don’t want to be seen looking at in school or work) is not permitted to be discussed or linked to in main chat. If you are unsure if what you are about to link is NSFW or not, please send a link to a staff member in PM to make sure.
- Mild innuendos or jokes are NOT allowed in moderation.
- Be courteous. While it is suggested you avoid topics that make others uncomfortable (politics, religion, mortality, etc), if you do discuss these topics do so in a polite, respectful manner. If staff requests or another user states they are uncomfortable and asks that you stop talking about such topics, stop or take it to PM.
Advertising Wikis and Websites
- Linking to other wiki chats is not allowed in main chat.
- Advertising to view your content on other websites is fine, however advertising non-Flipline content on other websites will result in a kick.
- Chat is supposed to be a fun thing for everyone, try to welcome new and old users when they arrive.
- Respect ALL users regardless of differences in opinion, or disagreements.
- If you are kicked, consider it a warning and you may rejoin, but if you do the same action that you were kicked for, you will get a block for 2 weeks.
- Do not change the format or rename pages to your own preferences. Only use talk pages, the comments, or the forums to discuss changes in the article.
- Please do not spam or vandalize an article, you will recieve 2 warnings then a 3-month block minimum
- Don't create pages that contain swearing, otherwise you will have a 2-week block minimum.
- ==Character Pages Policy (On All Fanon Wikis of Flipline Studios that I own and contribute to.)==
- DO NOT add cartoon characters that are LGBT related or create fanmade customers saying that their gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender. When getting caught for doing something like this, you'll receive a warning and if you do it again, you get a 2 month block and it will be considered vandalism.
- When creating fanmade customer pages, DO NOT USE OTHER PEOPLE'S Characters unless you have permission to do so, otherwise it would be copyright infringement.
- Do not make categories that are similar to others that have been created.
- Category names should be as shortened as possible, but not abbreviated.
- Do not make categories containing offensive words or not only that it is very unnecessary.
- An edit war is the repeated undoing of edits (or reading information) by different editors.
- If someone undoes an edit of yours, it is not appropriate to undo their edit. Please, start a discussion on the forums or each other's message walls to reach a consensus. You can make your case for your opinion there and get unbiased opinions on the subject.
- Any editors engaged in edit warring will be warned, and possibly blocked for a year, depending on the situation.
- Only admins add pictures to articles, you are more welcome to add photos as long as you took make them very messy.
Vandalism is the conspicuous defacement or destruction of a structure, a symbol, or information against the will of the owner/governing body. In the context of an online community project, it is a usually deliberate attempt to damage the usefulness of content for other viewers.
Useful community content presents the widest range of relevant and accurate information on a topic. In the case of a wiki, if someone edits a page so it reflects only a single viewpoint, that can be considered vandalism. For example, if a page about a TV show character contains information both from the show itself and from spin-off shows, books, etc., and a user removes all information that isn't strictly from the main show, the other community members will likely see that as vandalism. However, to keep good faith, you might assume that this editor was only trying to show that any source of information on that character besides the main show isn't true canon and shouldn't be in the article.
In general, an edit that seems like deliberate vandalism is often just a clumsy attempt at editing by someone who is new to wikis, simply didn't know the community's rules, or someone who didn't know how else to propose a change in how things are done on the wiki. In those cases, you can explain to that bad editor what they could do better, where they could go to discuss their ideas, and why certain things are just not allowed on your community, even if they're okay elsewhere. That way, a user who first seems a vandal can turn into a useful editor and member of the community. Unless you can clearly see that someone had bad intentions, always assume they just didn't know better and offer your help!
How to deal with Vandalism
In general, the best way to deal with vandalism is to revert the vandalism, block the vandal, and ignore any attempt from the vandal to bother you further. For more information on this, we recommend reading these three pages, which go into each of these steps in more detail:
- Help:Don't feed the trolls
There are measures administrators can put in place to help prevent vandalism before it begins:
Two anti-vandalism extensions are used often on FANDOM. ProtectSite locks down the ability of specific user groups from being able to do basic actions, such as editing or creating pages or uploading images, for up to 12 hours. If a community is facing a surge of vandalism, the VSTF or FANDOM Staff can enable ProtectSite to prevent new, unregistered, or even non-sysop users from being able to do those particular things. The other extension is AbuseFilter, which allows skilled coders to block the submission of edits if certain conditions are met, for example if a particular rude or inappropriate word is included in the new text.
Admins and FANDOM staff can also turn off anonymous editing in Special:WikiFeatures if anonymous accounts (identified by their IP address) continually cause problems on a community.
Discord is similar to Fandom Chat, but it's more of a online version of texting.Discord is a free voice and text chat app designed specifically for gaming.
All-in-one voice and text chat for gamers that's free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. Stop paying for TeamSpeak servers and hassling with Skype. Simplify your life.
You are responsible for your log-in credentials and for any activity resulting from the use of your log-in credentials or other activity on your account (“Account”) on the Service.Upon launching the App or the Service, if you do not already have an Account, you will be prompted to create one by providing a username and in some cases a password. You may also be required to provide a valid email address or other information to access or utilize certain applications or features.You represent and warrant that the information you provide to us upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current, and complete. We reserve the right to reject any username or to terminate your username or prevent use of a username in our sole discretion, and without any liability to you. You understand and agree that other users of the Service may have the same username as you, however, users will be differentiated by a number identifier that may or may not be visible to you or other users. You will ensure that your e-mail address is kept accurate and up-to-date at all times. If we allow you to use the App without creating an Account (e.g., if we make available a single-session use feature), any username you select for use in connection with the App will be available for other users after your session ends.You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your log-in credentials and are fully responsible for all activities that occur through the use of your credentials or otherwise on your Account. You agree to notify us immediately if you believe the confidentiality of your log-in credentials has been compromised or if you suspect unauthorized use of your Account. You agree that we will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from unauthorized use of your credentials.
The Service provides communication channels such as forums, communities, or chat areas ("Communication Channels") designed to enable you to communicate with other Service users. The Company has no obligation to monitor these communication channels but it may do so in connection with providing the Service.The Company may also terminate or suspend your access to any Communication Channels at any time, without notice, for any reason. You acknowledge that any user content (including without limitation chats, postings, or materials posted by users) on the Communication Channels is neither endorsed nor controlled by us. The Company will not under any circumstances be liable for any activity within Communication Channels. The Company is not responsible for information that you choose to share on the Communication Channels, or for the actions of other users.As a condition of your use of the Service, and without limiting your other obligations under these Terms, you agree to comply with the restrictions and rules of use set forth in these Terms as well as any additional restrictions or rules (such as application-specific rules) set forth in the Service.As an example, you agree not to use the Service in order to:
- post, upload, transmit or otherwise disseminate information that is obscene, indecent, vulgar, pornographic, sexual or otherwise objectionable;
- defame, libel, ridicule, mock, stalk, threaten, harass, intimidate or abuse anyone;
- upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or transmit) files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files or data, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of the Service or other users' computers;
- violate the contractual, personal, intellectual property or other rights of any party including using, uploading, transmitting, distributing, or otherwise making available any information made available through the Service in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other right of any party (including rights of privacy or publicity);
- attempt to obtain passwords or other private information from other members;
- improperly use support channels or complaint buttons to make false reports to us;
- develop, distribute, or publicly inform other members of "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs or other "cheat utility" software program or applications in violation of the applicable license agreements;
- exploit, distribute or publicly inform other members of any game error, miscue or bug which gives an unintended advantage; or
- violate any applicable laws or regulations, or promote or encourage any illegal activity including, but not limited to, hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software, or cheats or hacks for the Service.
These rules of use are not meant to be exhaustive, and we reserve the right to determine what conduct we consider to be a violation of the Terms or improper use of the Service and to take action including termination of your Account and exclusion from further participation in the Service.
We appreciate hearing from our users and welcome your comments regarding the Service. Please be advised, however, that if you send to us any comments, suggestions or recommendations regarding the Service (“Feedback“ ) you hereby assign to us all rights, title and interest in and to the Feedback. Accordingly, your Feedback will not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality and we will not be liable to you for any use or disclosure of any Feedback. Also, we will be entitled to unrestricted use of the Feedback for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you or any other person.
We use third-party services to help us provide the Service, but such use does not indicate that we endorse them or are responsible or liable for their actions. In addition, the Service may link to third-party websites to facilitate its provision of services to you. If you use these links, you will leave the Service. Some of these third-party websites may use Service Materials under license from us. We are not responsible for nor do we endorse these third-party websites or the organizations sponsoring such third-party websites or their products or services, whether or not we are affiliated with such third-party websites. You agree that we are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any such dealings you may have on or through a third-party website or as a result of the presence of any third-party advertising on the Service.